Every new Australian Off Road caravan and super camper comes with a 12-month parts and labour warranty, a promise that your AOR model is free from workmanship or material defects. The chassis comes with an extended 5-year warranty. Your warranty period commences from the date of handover.
Buy in confidence, AOR is a member of the Caravan Industry Association of Australia and is an RVMAP Accredited Manufacturer.
Warranty, Repairs and Replacements
Warranty repairs and replacements will be undertaken by Australian Off Road or one our authorised Service Agents.
AOR Warranty Policy
Rhost Pty Ltd (ABN 97 111 822 283) trading as Australian Off Road (AOR) provides the following warranty in relation to its trailers (Caravans).
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies you may have under any laws in relation to the supply of Caravans that cannot be excluded.Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any such laws which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please take the time to read the Owner’s Manual to ensure that you are familiar with the Caravan’s operation and service procedures.
What is covered by this warranty?
AOR warrants, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, all parts of the manufacture and assembly of the Caravan, carried out by AOR, will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, except in the case of the chassis and suspension, which will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of delivery (Warranty Period).
What is not covered by this warranty?
This limited warranty does not apply to a Caravan that:
- has not been purchased from an authorised dealer;
- has been modified or changed without approval from AOR;
- has had an accessory or option fitted by someone not authorised by AOR; or
- has had the serial number removed, altered or made illegible.
This limited warranty does not apply to damage caused by:
- your request to customise the Caravan;
- the Caravan being subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- unauthorised parts or accessories having been used on or in relation to the Caravan;
- the Caravan having been used after a defect became apparent or should have become apparent;
- the failure to use or maintain the Caravan in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or recommendations;
- excessive speed, failure to lower tyre pressure or hard impact;
- the repair, maintenance or service by a person not authorised by AOR; or
- normal wear and tear (including impact or stone damage).
The warranty does not extend to:
- wheel alignment as this can be affected by hard impact or abuse which is out of AOR’s control;
- damage or defect caused by the Caravan having anything deposited into the toilet system other than human waste;
- water damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions;
- wheel bearings failure due to water ingress or lack of maintenance;
- stone damage to the body and chassis;
- the aesthetics of galvanising, coating and protectant treatments used;
- mattresses, canvas, window screening and cushion covers, which are not warranted against tears, fading, soiling and shrinkage;
- zips and fittings; and
- damage to canvas and awnings due to condensation being left untreated.
Some of the materials and components used in the manufacture of the Caravan are not manufactured by AOR and are not covered by this warranty.Instead, they are separately warranted by their individual manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturing defects.AOR will use its reasonable endeavours to pass on to the owner the benefit of any third party manufacturers’ warranties.
Please note that the length of warranty periods provided for the supplied components and their terms may vary depending on the item.The separately warranted components may include, but are not limited to axles, wheels and couplings. All relevant warranties and owner’s manuals will have been supplied with this manual during handover.
Warranty not transferable
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent owner if the Caravan is sold by the original owner during the Warranty Period unless otherwise agreed to by AOR in writing.
You must use and maintain your Caravan in accordance with the Owner’s Manual, technical specifications, service guidelines and any other information supplied to you by AOR. Proper maintenance and use will guard against major repair expenses resulting from misuse, neglect or inadequate maintenance.
The maintenance items include but are not limited to:
- general servicing in accordance with AOR’s instructions;
- suspension servicing;
- wheel bearing servicing and adjustment;
- checking tyre pressures;
- general greasing and tightening of components;
- rust-proofing, painting and maintenance of painted surfaces and exposed surfaces.
If your Caravan develops a defect or is in an accident or collision, you must not attempt to repair it yourself.Doing so may cause damage which is not covered by this limited warranty.Only service agents authorised by AOR should perform service or repairs on the Caravan. You should therefore contact the AOR Service Department if any of these events occur.
You should ensure that your Caravan is not exposed to water at or above the body floor level.
Service scheduling of your Caravan
You must ensure all maintenance and servicing required is performed within the instructed time period by an authorised AOR repair agent, as per the service schedule outlined in the Warranty and Service booklet provided.
Please be aware that AOR and most other repair agents recommend booking 6 to 8 weeks in advance for AOR servicing work.
To locate your nearest recommended repair centre please refer to the Warranty and Service page on the AOR Service website.
It is also your responsibility to maintain a mileage log book for your Caravan, included in the Warranty and Service booklet provided.
How will a valid warranty claim be honoured?
If a defect appears in AOR’s manufacture or assembly of the Caravan before the end of the Warranty Period and AOR finds the Caravan to be defective in materials or workmanship, AOR will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the Caravan or the defective part of the Caravan; or
- cause the Caravan or defective part of the Caravan to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer.
Warranty repairs shall only be carried out by AOR’s service department or, when directed by AOR’s Service Manager, by an authorised AOR repair and service agent within a reasonable time from the Caravan being delivered to AOR.
AOR reserves the right to take ownership of all replaced parts. AOR will not reimburse any payments made for work done or replaced parts done through unauthorised repairers without prior written consent from AOR.
AOR reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Caravan with parts and components of similar quality, grade, function and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
How do you lodge a warranty claim?
If a fault covered by this warranty occurs, you must first contact AOR at the contact address listed below. Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase;
- full details of the alleged defect; and
- appropriate documentation (such as historical and maintenance records).
You must make the Caravan available to AOR or its authorised repair agent for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Caravan, you must pay AOR’s usual costs of service work, evaluation and testing.
You bear the cost of the transport of the Caravan to and from AOR or the authorised repair agent to make the warranty claim, and all insurance of the Caravan. Where an onsite repair is requested by you, you must pay a service call fee.
No individual or service agents of AOR are authorised to vary the terms of this warranty or to make any representation or warranty concerning AOR’s products, except to refer the owner to its 12-month warranty.
Warranty contact details
Rhost Pty Ltd (ABN 97 111 822 283) trading as Australian Off Road
39 Ron Parkenson Crescent
Phone: (07) 5390 0333