Your new trailer will be fitted with load rated wheels and tyres. This is a legal requirement for registration in all states.
All AOR Trailers are fitted as standard with 17” x 8” steel silver rims. These rims are a Sunraysia style 6 stud rim. The rims are load rated to 1400kg and stamped accordingly, and are interchangeable with the following tow vehicles:
- Ford Ranger with steel rims
- Holden Colorado
- Mazda BT-50 with steel rims
- Mitsubishi Challenger
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Toyota Hilux
- Toyota Prado (150 and 120)
For Land cruiser owners, AOR can supply a “Sunraysia” style 5 stud 17” x 8” steel rim as standard. This rim has a PCD of 5/150mm and a zero offset. These rims are compatible with:
- Land cruiser 100 series – rigid axle – non-Independent front suspension
- Land cruiser 70 and 80 series range
AOR can also supply a Dynamic “Toyota 200 series” style 5 stud 17” x 8” steel rim as standard. This rim has a PCD of 5/150mm and a +60 offset to match the tow vehicle for:
- Land cruiser 100 and 200 series – Independent front suspension
AOR standard 17” steel rims are available in either silver or black. Additional colours are available at a cost of $90.00 per wheel (please refer to the Options list).
Standard tyres fitted to all AOR steel rims are a Cooper Tyre AT3 all-terrain 265/70 R17. These tyres are load rated to 1450kg, this is written on the side wall of the tyre “load rating 121”, and they are of an L/T Light Truck construction. This load rating exceeds the required load rating of 1250kg.
Customer supplied wheels and tyres:
If you wish to upgrade or have alternative wheels and tyres fitted to your trailer, this will need to be organised by you through a recommended supplier (Bob Jane Noosa) or someone of your choosing. We recommend steel rims over alloys as we have found them to be more reliable and practical.
It is essential that your wheels and tyres are confirmed and supplied to AOR before we begin manufacture of your trailer 6-8 weeks prior to delivery. They must also be load rated to a minimum as per below:
Minimum load rating requirements: 1250kg
Any tyre fitted must have a load rating of 116 as a minimum. This equates to 1250kg – Anything less will not meet registration requirements and will not be fitted.
- Factory alloy/steel wheels cannot be fitted as they are not load rated.
- The centre hole of the wheel needs to be at least 110mm to fit our brake hubs. We will also require you to supply your own wheel nuts for supplied wheels.
If your customer supplied wheels and or tyres are to be sent to AOR, please notify us by either phone or email and clearly mark the package with your full name.
Customer wheels and tyre checklist
- Rims meet minimum load rating and are stamped load rating
- Tyres meet minimum load rating
- AOR notified of colour preference
- Name and build number on any sent items and AOR notified of dispatched
Regardless of what wheels and tyres you select; they must be chosen and delivered to AOR prior to production of your trailer commencing 12 weeks before the delivery month.